The Eastern Area Coordination Center reports that 1,125 people are assigned to incidents in the Eastern Geographic Area, however some of those may be working on incidents unrelated to Hurricane Sandy. But this number does include 11 incident management teams and 41 crews of firefighters that are assigned to hurricane recovery.
- Quesinberry: Is assigned to provide support to Nassau County, NY.
- Kleinman: Is supporting development and management of staging areas in New York City.
- Hahnenberg: Is assigned to the Office of Emergency Management in Brooklyn, NY.
Two Type 1 Incident Management Teams are assigned:
- Wilder: Is managing road clearing operations throughout West Virginia.
- Opliger: Is managing a staging area at Fort Dix, NJ.
Six Type 2 Incident Management Teams are assigned:
- Pisarek: Is managing a mobilization, and receiving and distribution centers in Farmingdale, NY.
- Dueitt: Is assisting FEMA operations in the New York City area.
- Kollmeyer: Is assigned to provide support to Nassau County, NY.
- Graham: Is assigned to Charleston, WV.
- West: Is assigned to Charleston, WV.
- Fry: Is overseeing road clearing operations in New Jersey
Below is an interesting photo that the New York City Fire Department posted on their Facebook page showing most of the southern part of Manhattan blacked out due to the hurricane.