Indoor fireworks set field on fire at Indianapolis

Last Sunday, November 15, the New England Patriots were playing the Colts at Indianapolis when after a touchdown, the staff of the new 60,000-seat Lucus Oil Stadium set off fireworks inside the facility. And, as frequently happens with fireworks everywhere, they started several small fires in the artificial turf on the field.


An alert Colts staffer put out one of the fires with Gatorade and his sneaker-clad foot.


This is just another example of why fireworks are unsafe, and INDOOR FIREWORKS are insane.

(Note: this is a re-post of an article we originally posted on November 15, but got lost during the recent transitions here at Wildfire Today.)

Typos, let us know HERE, and specify which article. Please read the commenting rules before you post a comment.

Author: Bill Gabbert

After working full time in wildland fire for 33 years, he continues to learn, and strives to be a Student of Fire.