Dog playing with matches starts house fire

A dog playing with matches started a fire in a Yukon Territory home last month. The Yukon Fire Marshal’s Office says a house fire in Mount Lorne was started by a dog chewing on a box of “strike anywhere” matches.

No humans or dogs were injured in the fire, which was put out by the other residents before the fire department arrived.

We’re adding this to our series of articles on Animal Arson.

Thanks and a tip of the hat go out to Doug.

Typos, let us know HERE, and specify which article. Please keep in mind our commenting ground rules before you post a comment.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Author: Bill Gabbert

After working full time in wildland fire for 33 years, he continues to learn, and strives to be a Student of Fire.