(This is a reminder about the contest, re-posted as a “sticky”)
Wildfire Today Contest for Best 2013 Fire Season Video
Today we are announcing our first contest to determine the best video made by a crew that summarizes their 2013 wildland fire season. Last year we did not have a contest, but we featured six (here and here) about the 2012 fire season. We hope to find more than that this year. The winner will be decided by visitors to the website who cast their vote for their favorite. A fabulous prize will be awarded — a mug with the logo of Wildfire Today on one side and Fire Aviation on the other.
Here is how we’ll do it:
- By the end of the day on March 10, send us a message through our Contact Us page. We will need to know:,
- 1) Your email address and name, so if you win we can then contact you to get a physical address to which we’ll send the fabulous prize (a mug). The addresses will not appear on the website. It will be optional for the winner to have their name revealed..
- 2) The name and location of the crew.
- 2) The web address of the video.
- The video must be on either YouTube or Vimeo, and it has to be possible to embed it on WildfireToday.com.
- The video must be family-friendly, rated G.
- (Optional) The winner may send us a photo of them with the fabulous prize (the mug) at their place of work or some other interesting location.
- The creator of the video is responsible to ensure compliance with copyright, privacy, and other laws affecting the video.
- The video must be about a crew with the primary responsibility of managing or suppressing wildland fires or prescribed fires, or other wildland fire related work such as fuels management or wildland fire office-bound personnel. It must be about the 2013 fire season.
- The winner will be decided by visitors to Wildfire Today who vote in the poll. One vote will be allowed per visitor.
P.S. – We will also accept suggestions for a better name for this contest.